Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hi everyone

I am home from the hospital. They released me a day early. I recovered pretty well. I think the surgery from the two c-sections from the girls births was a bit tougher as they operate on your stomach muscles vr. upper body muscles with this surgery. I got into my hospital room around 7:00 Tues night and finally got something to eat at 10:00. I hadn't eaten anything since Midnight the night before. So I needed at least something. I really didn't care so it ended up being mac & cheese, a few bites of rice and a few bites of carrots. Then off to sleep. I woke up a couple times through the night but all and all with the help of my morphine drip was feeling OK. Or as well as can be expected.

In the morning, I had a nice big breakfast and Brian came to the hospital at 10:00 after getting Paige ready and off to school. She has had play dates at my friends Sara's and Heidi's house the last couple days to help keep her mind off my being away but she was missing Mom.

I was transitioned to Vicadan pill pain killer and off the morphine and was getting around pretty good so they felt confident in letting me go. I had to share a room with another patient and it was cramped and awkward. SO I was ready.

We stopped for takeout on the way home and we just finished dinner. My sister Kara and Mother are here helping with the kids, they were a great help. I just have to keep the kids from jumping on me as my left side is pretty limiting. I can rely on my right side to get me up, etc. So I am glad to be back home. Thank you for the flowers and thoughts and prayers. It feels good that so many people are thinking of me all around the country.

Britt

1 comment:

Kathy said...

So happy to hear surgery went so well and you are on the road to recovery. Have been following your progress on a daily basis. Many prayers Britt and Brian from myself and Patrick Caruso. Even though we're 3,000 miles away on the very snowy East Coast you have not been far from my thoughts.

May God grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.

Love Kathy Fitzpatrick-Murphy