Sunday, September 20, 2009

Can't catch a break

Here I am nine days after my surgery and I can 't tell you that I feel 100%. I am pretty discouraged because this surgery was supposed to be all good news. Nice new breasts, no cancer to deal with but of course I have a blood clot that proceeded to knock me on my back for 5-6 straight days. I am making progress but I am still light headed, out of breath and my fingers are tingly. I am not sleeping well from the incisions and I still have puffy eyes in the morning. I go to see Dr. Kahn (Surgeon) on Monday and Dr. Eldaly on Tues so I will get to the bottom of all this.

I will say I am feeling better though, I have more energy and have been able to get back to some normal things. My mom and I took the girls to a local Renaissance faire on Sat. It was fun, tiring but fun. Other than that, I will do some work around the house then have to rest afterward. The other day, I changed my sheets on my bed and once I finished I had to lay down for 20 mins to recover. Now that does not sound like me does it!!

1 comment:

malia said...

i agree, britt, not much like you, but those clots are serious and take awhile to get over, so don't be so hard on yourself! home stretch, home stretch!! i finally figured out how to add your blog to my "favorites" so now i can keep up better (not sure if you'll think that's a good thing or not!). we love you and are thinking so much about you and brian as halloween approaches!xoxo, malia