Friday, September 11, 2009

Reconstructive Surgery

Hi Everyone it's Brian. I haven't written for while, I figure it was time to check in, especially on a day like today when Britt was going through re constructive surgery. I have determined that I hate hospitals. Since I have known Britt she has undergone seven surgeries. I am always the same a mixture of dread, and emotion. It never fails that right about the time they wheel her in I become a total mess. The positive is that this represents the end of sorts. The doctor has told me that the outcome of the surgery was good, although they won't it is a very subjective thing, because the true outcome is how Britt sees it. I know it will be tough for her, because no matter what she will not see what she was like before the surgery, there are scars, and scar tissues that will effect it. The best outcome for me would be for her to see her as I see her, as the most beautiful loving person in the world. She has taken on cancer and beaten it, and we have come out stronger as a result.

No comments: