Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Waiting is the Hardest Part"

I am sitting in a Waiting Room at Stanford right now as Britt undergoes her first of two biopsies today. This one is an MRI directed Biopsy on her right breast, after she will undergo a regular biopsy on her left breast using the images they took last week on ultrasound. After that we wait for the results which should come by the end of the week. It seems as I sit here. that waiting is what we do most.
I am by my nature a very impatient person, I see a problem, or opportunity and I jump at it, and get it done. This entire process is the antithesis of that. We go for tests, wait for the results, get the results and go for more tests. Don't get me wrong I realize that we have the benefit of some of the greatest Doctors here in the world at Stanford, and that it is important to have a complete and thorough diagnosis, but what I really want is for Britt to be cured, and for this cloud to be off of her and my family. Paige knows what is going on (for as much as a really bright 5 year old can), and this time that we spend away getting tests and more tests leaves her emotionally vulnerable, she told here grandmother the other day that she was scared Mommy wasn't coming home.
I guess the feeling is powerlessness, I am sitting here and there is nothing I can do, and I have never felt more frustrated in my life.

Brian

No comments: