Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Feeling good

I am feeling good and more like myself lately. I had my Surgery to replace my Chemo port yesterday. I have some aches and pains and I am on some good meds but doing OK. I will be ready to use the port for my next session, thankfully because my forarms and veins where the medicine went in my arm have been killing me. My arm aches like it is going to bruise up but it never did.

A couple stories.

An endearing story recently came from Paige. She and I were playing Veterinarian and she had several "sick" Stuffed animals around her bed. One she had tucked into her sheets and had the covers pulled up to it's chin. She told me that this Polar bear had Cancer too. The same cancer that I have and this Polar bear will soon lose it hair as well. But this bear does not need wigs or hats this bear needs a new fur coat and fur pants to keep it warm. So we bundled the bear in a furry "sleeping bag" that would pass as pants and a coat. She was very matter of fact in her story and I think it shows that like all of us she has accepted Cancer in our household and since it has been incorpate in our lives, it gets incorporated in her play as well.

I finish with a funny story:
As I may have mentioned my taste buds have been messed lately as a result of the Chemo. I don't even enjoy wine right now, which for those of you who know me it is huge!!! =). Anyway, I was at a DR. appt and I had just eaten one of those Immodium chew able tablets and I hate the chalky taste in my mouth so I was rummaging around in my purse to find a mint or something and I found a packet of those mouth mint strips. Those strips you lay on your tongue and they dissolve. I put one on my tongue and within seconds I was jumping up and begging the nurse for water. "I NEED WATER, I need WATER". With my taste buds exposed, the strip was burning!!! The nurse must have thought I was crazy but quickly got me a cup. It's always something!!!

More soon,

Britt

No comments: