Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I know, I know

Hi all - I know, I know, it had been forever since my last post and I guess it can be seen as a good thing that I have been able to move on from my day to day existence of dealing with Cancer to other things that occupy my day to day existence. I do have a piece of good news though, I got recent MRI results back and they came out great. The results were basically "unremarkable", at a time when every test seemed to come back with bad news, an "unremarkable" test result is great. It is just what you want, not much to report. It said I still have fluid around my chest and breasts from the blood clot but there is no Cancer. So that is great news I wanted to share. I still feel effects of the blood clot since I still feel light headed once in a while. I have been thinking about going back to the reconstruction surgeon to start discussions about another surgery to "fix" my current result but I want to be sure that the blood clot is completely dissolved. I am also very in tune with any thing going on in my body. I guess that is a good result from this experience. I have had pain in my hip for about 2-3 months now. At first I immediately thought, "Oh no, I have bone cancer in my hip bone." That was dismissed by my Dr's but I think I will bring it up again at my next appt. You just never know. That is what sucks about this, you just never know....

I am also thinking of training and raising money for my first Cancer walk. I am thinking of an Oct time frame, Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Lastly, I have been invited to be part of a planning group at Emanuel Hospital (where I had my treatment) in a Cancer Awareness event in Oct as well.

So things are good with me, hope all is well with you.

Britt

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great to read about your update!

Good luck with all the planning for the events in October. Send us the fundraising webpage - so we can show our support.

Take Care

Carolyn