Friday, May 8, 2009

Life back to normal

It has been a couple weeks since I finished my therapy. I finished on a Thurs, had Friday to prepare for family to visit and then hosted Brian's brother Dan and my sister in law Nicole and my nephews to our house for a week. We had a great week, very busy and fun. I had a couple appts that week seeing my Reconstruction Surgeon and getting some routine tests. Nicole was able to help me by watching Erin that day, so that was good. Last week, Brian traveled with work and the family was gone and I was left in my house alone (with the kids of course) for the first time in probably 8 or 9 months. I was able to return to my old routine of the gym in the mornings and quiet time for me when Erin naps in the afternoon. I had the best week in my own solitude. I am truly happy. Such a weight has lifted that little could get me down. Returning to my favorite class at the gym was a milestone for me because with radiation and a small wig incident during the class (you figure it out), I had not been able to return until last Tues. I completely overexerted myself and was SO sore but I was really happy to be back in the routine of things.

During that week, I had a Herceptin treatment. I asked a friend at the Dr. office to watch Erin while I was hooked up to the medicine. Again, Herceptin is not harmful to my body. I don't have any side effects that I might have had with chemo but I do need a treatment every three weeks until Sept. 09. It is very quick, once I am hooked up, it only takes about 30 mins. Hardly enough time to get into a magazine and I am done. So it was not too much of a problem to bring Erin with me while Paige is in school.

By the end of the week, the kids and I were missing Brian and glad he was home. We went to a local fair and the kids had fun on the rides and petting the animals. I am even going to embrace activities that I had needed to put off because of the crazy medical schedule, it is time to potty train Erin. So we are working on this starting this week.

All and all things are good.

Britt
javascript:void(0)

No comments: